Caring for live potted Christmas Trees
- Trees should only stay in your house no more than seven to ten days.
- If possible, acclimate your tree two to three days in the garage before bringing inside.
- To prevent your tree from coming out of dormancy do not set your tree near heat vents, fireplaces, or in front of a window.
- Water your tree daily with ice cubes in the pot on top of the root ball.
- If possible, acclimate your tree two to three days in the garage before bringing outside.
- If the ground is not frozen you can plant your tree after the holidays. You can also dig your hole now if the ground is not frozen and it will be ready to plant after the holidays.
- If the tree cannot be planted, keep your tree in the pot and give it a good soaking once or twice each month through the winter.